Valentine’s Day is the perfect occasion for showing your loved ones how much you care. Whether you’re looking for a great gift to show your sweetie how well you know them or you just want a festive way to get your kids and pets in the holiday spirit, clothing and accessories are excellent options. For those of you in our home base of New Orleans, there are a variety of places to shop locally for Valentine’s Day clothing gifts and even find Valentine’s Day clothing sales. Learn about a few of our favorites below!
New Orleans Valentine’s Day Clothing Gifts
The clothes we wear are an expression of ourselves. They can reveal our personalities, our tastes, and even our values and political beliefs. So what could be a more personal, touching gift than a carefully chosen piece of clothing or accessory?
Buying clothing for someone else isn’t as difficult as it may sound. Consider these tips when shopping for your Valentine’s Day clothing gifts:
- Browse their closet for ideas. Take a peek in their closet to get an idea of what they like and what they already have. Does she prefer skirts or dresses? Pants or shorts? Does he have enough button-down shirts and ties that he actually likes to wear? Are there any colors, patterns, or styles they seem to like? Don’t be afraid to jot down a few notes or take another look if you have questions while shopping.
- Pay attention to what they wear. Most of us own clothing we don’t actually wear. In fact, Fashion United reports that over 80% of the average American’s clothing was not worn in the past year. After you check their closet, take into account what they actually wear on a regular basis. Avoid styles they no longer want to wear, and if you see clothes they like that no longer fit, try looking for something similar in the right size.
- Listen to their wants, needs, and complaints. Have you heard her complain she needs a new dress or pair of heels for date nights? Has he mentioned that he needs a new watch? See if you can remember anything they might have said, and make a note to yourself if they ever point out an item they like while out shopping together.
- Use their clothing to find out their size. Look at the clothes they wear and check what size they are. Keep in mind that different brands may size their clothes differently, so it’s always best to take actual measurements with a tape measure.
- Check the returns and exchanges policy. If you follow these tips, there’s a very good chance you won’t need to worry about returns or exchanges. But it’s always worth making sure you can easily return or exchange any clothes you buy as gifts just in case.
With these tips in mind, you’re ready to start shopping! To get started, take a look at the jewelry at Porter Lyons, shoes at Feet First, accessories and pet wear at NOLA Couture, kids’ apparel at Fleurty Girl, sunglasses at Root, and, of course, men’s and women’s clothing at Passion Lilie. Browse a few gift-worthy items for Valentine’s Day from each of these New Orleans brands below.
Heart Stud from Porter Lyons, $150
Want to go for a grand gesture? Show her your heart this Valentine’s Day.
These gorgeous heart stud earrings from Porter Lyons are sure to make her swoon. They feature conflict-free diamonds and come in solid 14k yellow gold, white gold, or rose gold.
Order yours online or take a trip to Porter Lyons at 631 Toulouse Street in New Orleans. You’ll find a range of beautiful fine jewelry and truly unique collections inspired by different cultures.
The Drisela from Sole Society, $85
Impress the woman in your life with a stunning pair of heels this Valentine’s Day. The Drisela, available at Feet First in a rich burgundy suede, puts a twist on the classic date night heel with metallic studs on the top strap.
Half Moon Necklace from Queens Metal, $70
Seersucker Bow Tie from NOLA Couture, $55
Nothing says he’s a stylish Southern gentleman more than seersucker and bow ties. Give your gift a Valentine’s Day twist with this Panama Pink Seersucker Bow Tie from NOLA Couture.
Seersucker Bow Tie Dog Collar from NOLA Couture, $45
You can even share the love this Valentine’s Day with your pet! This Seersucker Bow Tie Dog Collar in Panama Pink is available in small, medium, large, and extra-large. For even smaller pups, there’s an Extra Small Seersucker Dog Bow Collar in Panama Pink as well.
Find more styles inspired by New Orleans and the South at NOLA Couture, located at 3308 Magazine Street and 528 St. Peter Street in New Orleans.
Louisiana Love Onesie from Fleurty Girl, $22
Celebrate Valentine’s Day with your little one in style. This heart-themed onesie from Fleurty Girl shows your Louisiana pride while giving a nod to the holiday.
NOLA for Life T-Shirt from Fleurty Girl, $22
Whether your tween or teen still celebrates Valentine’s Day with you or not, show them they’ll always be in your heart with this heart-themed t-shirt from Fleurty Girl. The simple yet stylish graphic tee is a great addition to nearly any wardrobe.
Bamboo Watch from Root, $80
A watch is an easy way for any man to show off and enjoy his style. This lightweight, water-resistant, handcrafted Bamboo Watch from Root is an ideal balance of fashion and function for the man in your life.
Crescent City Sunglasses from Root, $150
Break from tradition this Valentine’s Day and give a gift they’ll truly love. Any New Orleanian knows a good pair of shades makes all the difference, so surprise your sweetie with a pair of stylish, eco-friendly Crescent City Sunglasses in Havana Tortoise from Root.
Check out more sunglasses and watches from Root online, in the Root Store at 2855 Magazine Street in New Orleans, or at any of their other retail locations.
Fall Poppies Wrap Dress from Passion Lilie, $84
Sweet, stylish, and accentuating all the right places, the Fall Poppies Wrap Dress from Passion Lilie is sure to please. This little black dress is perfect for a romantic date night together.
Light Blue Ikat Men’s Button Down Shirt from Passion Lilie, $56
Help him find a button-down he’ll love to wear. With its short sleeves, fitted silhouette, and breathable cotton material, you know he’s going to feel as good as he looks in this Light Blue Button Down from Passion Lilie.
Shop more great looks from Passion Lilie today on our website. Designed in New Orleans and made in India, Passion Lilie is a fair trade fashion brand.
Valentine’s Day Clothing Sales and Promotions
If you’re shopping on a budget or just love a great deal, be sure to check out these Valentine’s Day clothing sales and promotions.
— Passion Lilie is having a Valentine’s Day promotion from February 1–February 14. Use the coupon code “Valentine” to get a free eco-friendly greeting card with any purchase. It’s a great opportunity to share a few words with your valentine about how much they mean to you.
— Root is having a Valentine’s Day sale from January 31–February 14. Shoppers will receive a 20% discount off any purchase for online and in-store purchases.
— Porter Lyons is pairing up with Jack Rose for a Valentine’s Day giveaway. Four lucky gal pal winners will be treated to a Galentine’s dinner at Jack Rose with bottomless champagne and get a birthstone semi-precious stud from Porter Lyons. Keep an eye out for this great giveaway, which will run from February 3–February 10.
The best Valentine’s Day clothing gifts are chosen with care, so keep our tips and recommendations in mind to find the perfect pieces that say “I love you” to your sweetheart this Valentine’s Day!