It's festival season however you like to do it whether it's Jazz Fest, Coachella or Bonnaroo. That means it's the time of year to break out all of the funkiest clothing and think about bare necessities at the same time--you're out all day in the heat with only only what you can (or want) to carry on you. What are the fest necessities this season? No worries, we've got you covered with our favorite picks for fair trade, organic and handmade items to whip out this season!
1. First things first: the pants. Passion Lilie's Chevron Pants are a dreamy blue that our customers love for festi season. With a choice slit along the sides of the pant leg, they're absolutely perfect for dancing & feeling that vital breeze simultaneously.
2. No fest is complete without ALL of the fringe. That's why we love this Manos Zapotecas Harvest Feather Paloma Fringe Bag. All of their designs are fair-trade and crafted by women in Oaxaca, Mexico. Plus, that cross-body is oh so necessary when you can't get bogged down by excess!
3. We're huge fans of Matr Boomie, a fair trade brand based out of Austin, TX that works with rural artisans in India. We're also huge fans of layering bangles for that effortlessly chic yet boho look. This sleek design is perfect for that golden pop on a sunny day.
4. There is no buzzkill worse than mosquito bites during a fest. Keep yourself protected with this vegan blend of essential oils that will combat nasty pests both day and night. Plus, CakeFace Soaping is women-owned and based in Slidell, LA. Score!
5. Fests are all about pacing: pace yourself to dance all night but allot time during the day to check out local vendors and buy some souvenirs. Passion Lilie's Peacock Tote is perfect for that boho touch on an everyday necessity to store all of your new goodies!
6. Show your nomad with the Thai Elephant Slip Ons by Inkkas! Inkkas are based out of Brooklyn, NY and apart from all fabric being fair trade from South America, they plant one tree with every purchase you make!
7. We adore the designs of Still Water Jewelry based out of Slidell, LA. This Horseshoe necklace is adorned with freshwater peals, bringing a piece of the land and the sea to wherever you may be at your fest.
8. Mantra of all festivals: expect the unexpected. Expect the cool morning and the blazing afternoons, the downpour at midnight and the fog when you wake up. Having a the Passion Lilie Peach Arrow Poncho soothes any worries of not having anything to keep you warm and cozy when you may need it.
In short, have all of the fun & stay safe this festival season!
Items listed in this blog available at passionlilie.com or at 3207 Burgundy St. New Orleans, LA 70117- store hours Friday- Monday 12-6pm.