Now that it’s November, the holiday shopping season is officially in full swing! There are tons of great deals to be had all over the web, and at Passion Lilie, we’re bringing you savings this November from the 23rd through the 27th in time for Black Friday, Small Business Saturday, Cyber Monday, and Fair Tuesday.
Ready to save on sustainable styles for the holidays? Read about Passion Lilie’s amazing holiday deals to make your holiday shopping season a little brighter.
As the most well-known day for shopping of the entire year, Black Friday is full of deals and steals for all kinds of products online and in store. This year, skip the lines and shop from the comfort of your own home with Passion Lilie. We’re offering 20% off any purchase made during Black Friday as well as a FREE sustainable tote bag with your purchase! Deals like that are enough to make anyone an ethical fashion fan.
Next is Small Business Saturday. What started in 2010 as an organic, homegrown holiday to promote small businesses after the traditionally corporate Black Friday has become a major shopping day of its own. Today, small businesses around the country celebrate the holiday, making it a major sales day and a way for people to show their support for small businesses. At Passion Lilie, we’re making it easier than ever to shop with us by continuing to offer 20% off all purchases and a free tote bag with ANY purchase!
This little-known holiday is gaining momentum as a day to shop from brands with a mission to help others. Passion Lilie is proud to work exclusively with fair trade artisans from India, offering them fair wages, long-term employment, and safe, healthy working conditions. When you shop with Passion Lilie on this day, not only can you feel good about supporting our mission with your purchase, but you can also take advantage of our holiday weekend discount: 20% off your purchase PLUS a free tote bag! For more information about Shop for Good Sunday, read our blog post.
Above all else, Thanksgiving is a time for family, so don’t worry if you didn’t get the chance to do your shopping yet. The following week begins with Cyber Monday, a day of discounts for online retailers and e-commerce sites all across the Internet. All Passion Lilie products are available through our website, and when you shop with us this Cyber Monday, you’ll get the same great deal we offered all weekend long: 20% off ANY purchase—no minimum amount required—and a free tote bag!
Finishing off the month and our sweet streak of holiday deals is Fair Tuesday. Fair Tuesday is a celebration of fair trade businesses throughout America and the work they do to uplift the impoverished and traditionally disenfranchised with fair, dignified working opportunities. Show your support for the fair trade movement by shopping at Passion Lilie and taking advantage of our last day offering 20% off AND a free fair trade tote bag, which is both trendy and environmentally friendly.
With deals like these, it’s like Christmas come early at your favorite ethical clothing company!
Not sure what to buy? Take a look at a few of our favorite items for gifting (or keeping!) this holiday season.
– Passion Lilie carries a variety of fun scarves for anyone in your life. Take this traditional stocking stuffer to the next level with our fashionable patterns and soft, comfortable material.
– Our Chevron Headband is a trendy accessory women of all ages will love. Not only that, but these headbands help fulfill our mission of reduced textile waste.
– Looking for something a little different? Stock up on our sustainable cloth napkin sets for a gift that keeps on giving well after the holidays are over by making dining a little greener meal after meal.
We have a variety of fair trade button-down shirts for the special guy in your life. Help him discover a style he’ll love!
Passion Lilie is your source for sustainable shopping steals this November! No matter which November shopping holiday you’re observing, you’ll find a great discount from Passion Lilie. Start shopping now to find unique, chic gifts for anyone in your life this holiday season.
It’s finally October! Besides the beautiful weather outside, all of the fun fall festivals, and the changing of the seasons, something else exciting is also happening: Fair Trade Month. Read on to learn more about this annual opportunity to celebrate and spread the word about the fair trade movement.
Founded back in 2011 by Fair Trade USA, Fair Trade Month serves as a way to raise awareness about the fair trade movement and its importance to our global economy. It also encourages consumers to shop from fair trade businesses instead of businesses that hurt the environment and their workers. Every October, fair trade companies, Fair Trade Towns, and those who support the movement create promotions, events, and other celebrations in honor of Fair Trade Month.
With celebrations happening all over the country, there’s no shortage of ways to participate in Fair Trade Month, and New Orleans is no exception. As a fair trade company whose apparel and accessories are designed in New Orleans, Passion Lilie is committed to supporting fair trade in New Orleans and beyond. Show your support during Fair Trade Month and all year long in New Orleans by making fair trade and sustainable purchases from these businesses.
– When you don’t feel like cooking, fill up on a variety of healthy and sustainable fair trade dishes at Cafe Rose Nicaud in the Marigny.
– With two locations within the city limits (plus one in Metairie and one in Mandeville), healthy food megastore Whole Foods offers a diverse and wide range of fair trade foods for a tasty and nutritious way to show your support for the movement.
– New Orleans Food Co-Op prioritizes fair trade products when available, especially fair trade certified chocolate and coffee. If you become a member, you also have a say in how the cooperative is run, allowing you to have an even larger impact on the food in your community.
– According to Fair Grinds Coffeehouse, it is the sole coffeehouse in New Orleans that is 100% fair trade. All of its chocolate, coffee, and tea is fair trade, so head to one of two convenient locations in Mid City and the Marigny.
– Gourmet donut shop District Donuts only uses Stumptown Coffee, which is fair trade and even has its own location right here in New Orleans. Visit your nearest District Donuts in Uptown New Orleans, Lakeview, Elmwood, or even Baton Rouge.
– Located on Oretha Castle Haley Blvd., Orleans Coffee House serves a range of fair trade and organic certified coffees. It also has an espresso bar on Prytania Street.
– Good Karma is a café in Mid City that specializes in plant-based food and drink. Even better, all of its coffee is fair trade and organic.
– Get your Mardi Gras merch early with recycled beads and throws from Arc of Greater New Orleans. It’s a great way to save money, reduce waste, and provide jobs to workers with disabilities.
– Need a great pair of shoes? Feet First is an independent shoe retailer voted “Best Shoe Store in New Orleans” nine times and counting. It carries a variety of local products, including fair trade accessories and apparel from Passion Lilie.
– Shop for a variety of fair trade clothing, such as the Snuggle in Chevron Sweater shown above, right here at Passion Lilie. We also sell fair trade accessories, homeware, and stationary. To learn about the many benefits of buying fair trade clothing, read our blog post.
As you scroll through Passion Lilie’s collection of fashionable and ethical apparel, you can’t miss the ikat print. It’s both eye-catching and fun, it has a huge range, and it looks great on everything from statement pieces to entire dresses. Western cultures have been making ikat for centuries, and its creation is one we take great pride in. Ikat patterns can be found in Peru, Guatemala, Indonesia, Uzbekistan, and more. It’s a technique that has developed across the globe. Our artisans make ikat prints by hand in India, and we’d like to highlight the process for you to give new meaning to your ikat apparel.
Ikat translates from Indonesian to English as “to tie” or “to bind.” Its name comes from the hands-on process of creating the pattern, described below. Although the results look like a print, ikat is actually a dyeing process rather than a printing process.
Many rows of yarn are laid out and stretched to about 10 meters, which will ultimately make 24 meters when woven. The rows of yarn will depend on how many different colors will be used in the ikat “print” creation process.
The artisan draws lines on the yarn to indicate the final ikat print or pattern.
Rubber bindings are placed along the lines to mark the pattern. These rubber bindings are crucial because they resist the dye. If it weren’t for these, the entire fabric would end up colored, and the pattern would not create the ikat print as expected.
The yarn is dyed with the base or main color. All Passion Lilie products, including those with ikat prints, are made using plant and vegetable dyes, eco dyes, or organic dyes. We believe in using sustainable, environmentally responsible practices through every step of the process, so you can feel good about wearing our apparel and avoid harsh chemicals. You can learn more about ethical shopping with our ethical shopping guide.
Next, the yarn is stretched out on poles in the sun to dry. Sun is very important to the ikat print creation process. Once the yarn has dried, the bindings are removed. If more colors are needed in the design, then steps 1–4 will be repeated until the final ikat print is complete.
The ikat print is complete! The yarn is then placed on cones and on the loom.
Due to the care and attention to detail required by this process, each ikat print is truly one of a kind. The result of this process is fun, trendy fabrics that can be converted into a wide variety fashionable pieces. Browse several of our top ikat print items today and expand your wardrobe!
This dress is perfect for the beach or even just to wear to work as a reminder of the sandy shores and ocean waves. The bright blue and white are a cheery combination, while the silhouette hugs your curves in all the right places.
This poncho is a trendy way to switch things up from your usual jacket or blazer. The tie in the front is flattering yet comfortable. Embrace this ikat print anywhere from the office to your next special occasion.
With its bright blue hues and aquatic ikat print, this scarf can’t help but remind us of the Caribbean Sea. The tassels at the bottom add a little bit more fun to the texture as well. Wear it around your neck at dinner to accessorize your outfit, or wrap it around your shoulders to keep warm when the air conditioning is blasting.
There’s nothing quite like a stylish headband to keep your hair out of your face. Whether you’re having a bad hair day or simply want to accessorize, this ikat print headband would be a great addition to your closet.
If you’re curious to learn more about the ikat print and its creation process, check out our Ikat Process video. Shop our collection for more ikat print apparel and accessories, and feel free to contact Passion Lilie with any questions. We love sharing the hard work of our artisans, and we know you will, too!